(as of Sep 22,2023 01:20:14 UTC – Details)
A collection of stories, essays, and exercises to spark your creative instincts, activate your inner guidance, and enliven your dreams
Have you been called to express yourself with a level of courage and honesty that surprised even you? Did an image or moment cause you such joy that you needed to share it with the world? If so, you know what it means to be inspired.
World-renowned spiritual teacher Light Watkins has spent most of his life learning how to seek out and tap into sources of inspiration. “Inspiration is part inner guidance, part blind faith in a greater possibility, and part inner voice,” he writes, “nudging you to take an action that helps you grow and expand your awareness.” In Knowing Where to Look, Light presents a trove of compelling inspirational material to catalyze positive change and give you fuel to push through self-limiting beliefs.
Through 108 diverse essays, anecdotes, and parables, Light provides doorways to inspired thinking and imagination. Prompts offer reflection questions and action steps for further bringing your inspiration to life. Here you will also discover:
• Recognizing the opposite of inspiration: the inner critic and its demands for safety
• The joys and challenges of living minimally in a consumer society
• How to listen for the intuitive whisper of true inspiration
• Why the best action you can take when you’re creatively lost is to keep moving
• How to grapple with fear when it stands in the way of your dreams
• Why following your inspiration will often remove you from your comfort zone
• Questions to ask yourself in order to recognize your blind spots
• How to reorient your attitudes toward the concept of success
• Embracing whimsy and small moments of chaos as allies
• Why the process of achieving mastery is far from straightforward
Rather than being a linear set of exercises, Knowing Where to Look is meant to provide the spark you need just as you need it. Open to any page at random, and discover an unexpected source of inspiration.
Publisher:Sounds True (May 25, 2021)
Item Weight:10.6 ounces
Dimensions:5.73 x 0.82 x 6.98 inches